It's easy for a VPN provider to claim they do not log your IP address or any other information when using their service, unfortunately when they do make these claims you have to take them on trust. However, with the recent high-profile cases of two leading VPN providers being caught lying about their no logging policy we've started to see some VPN providers take steps to have their services independently audited to prove they are in fact not logging. Although some VPN providers have released limited audits where not all of the results are accessible to the public, VyprVPN is the first VPN provider to be publicly and independently audited as a no-log VPN.
This is great news for both the VPN industry and those of us that want to feel secure in trusting VPN providers with our online browsing and protecting our IP address. The VPN industry has recently come under scrutiny because of the little information known about many VPN providers, so knowing for sure that your real IP address is safe behind your VPN, and what you do using your VPN is not going to be logged is a major step forward in protecting our privacy.
VPN services are not just about hiding IP addresses. A VPN will:
- Encrypt your Internet connection to protect your privacy and secure your connection especially on unsecured public Wi-Fi.
- Improve your streaming experiences. Your ISP can choose to slow down or throttle your Internet connection if they deem you are using too much bandwidth with your online activities. Using a VPN service like VyprVPN means your ISP only sees encrypted traffic and will have difficulty trying to throttle your connection.
- Bypass Network Congestion. Even if your ISP is not deliberately trying to slow down your connection, network congestion can affect your streaming speeds. Using a VPN can bypass this congestion and improve your streaming experience.
- Access Geo blocked services such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and the BBC iPlayer.
- Protecting your data. A VPN encrypts your Internet connection and prevents governments from viewing your online activity, communications, location, IP address and traffic. Without a VPN, your network activities are subject to government surveillance and data collection performed by your ISP and other service providers.
- Bypass Censorship. Censorship can be imposed not just by governments but also by employers and Schools. Using a VPN enables you to bypass these blocks and enjoy an unrestricted Internet.
We applaud public no-log Audit.
Disclaimer: We receive compensation when a purchase is made from the referred link on this webpage. Our recommendation is based on our research and positive feedback we received from the users who've used the services.
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated. Spammy and bot submitted comments are deleted. Please submit the comments that are helpful to others, and we'll approve your comments. A comment that includes outbound link will only be approved if the content is relevant to the topic, and has some value to our readers.