IP ban is a block setup by a server to reject request made from a particular IP or range of IP addresses. The IP ban may have been implemented automatically due to abuse pattern detected by the server or placed manually by an administrator. IP ban is implemented to protect the server from abuse such as brute force attacks, block emails from known spammers and limit usage by users. IP Ban allows a server to ban an IP address from accessing a website, forum, email or game server.
How do you work around IP Ban?
- Change IP address - Change your router or computer's IP address
- Use VPN - Use virtual private network to obtain a new IP address from a VPN provider.
- Use a Proxy Server - Use a proxy server to access the service from a different IP address.
- Use Tor Server - Use a TOR server to access the service from a different network.
How do you work around User Account Ban?
If your user account is banned from a forum or game, it's different than IP ban. If you're using a service from a website or game provider, you'll have to abide by their rules and understand what you're violating. You may have unintentionally violated their terms, and hence you may have to contact the service provider and regain access to the service.
- Clear Cache - Some applications detect user account by reading cookie data. By clearing a browser cache, you may be able to regain application access.
- Reinstall Application - If you're playing a game on a desktop application, you may have to reinstall the software to obtain new Key (or Token) used to determine a user.
Website owners and service providers protect their users and assets by blocking abuses. If they detect an abuse, they may block an access to their website or service by banning IP address or blocking a user account. The best way to solve this problem is to abide by providers' rules and terms.
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated. Spammy and bot submitted comments are deleted. Please submit the comments that are helpful to others, and we'll approve your comments. A comment that includes outbound link will only be approved if the content is relevant to the topic, and has some value to our readers.