Digital marketing has revolutionized the way companies advertise and interact with customers. There have been many new trends in digital marketing over the past few years, but this year, eight digital marketing trends will stand out from the rest.
In this article, we'll look at these eight trends and explain how each one will change the face of digital marketing in 2022.
1. Video Marketing
If you're not already using video to market your business, you're missing out. Video is one of the best, most engaging, and most effective ways to reach your target audience. And with more and more people consuming content online, it's only going to become more important in the coming years.
It's predicted that in the coming years, the majority of internet traffic will be video-based. With this trend continuing into the future, businesses should make sure they have a plan for incorporating video marketing into their strategy.
What are some examples of successful brands that are already investing in this trend? Starbucks uses videos to show their baristas making their coffee drinks or discussing what goes into them. These videos can then be shared on social media as well as on its website to drive customer engagement and grow awareness about its products.
Burt's Bees has also used video marketing to help promote their natural beauty line since 2004 when they began producing commercials that starred themselves in motion picture clips promoting their new products like hand cream or lip balm.
2. Impersonal Design
As digital marketing evolves, so does the importance of design. In fact, design is now one of the most important aspects of a successful digital marketing strategy.
Why? Because in today's overcrowded and competitive online landscape, a well-designed website or ad is more likely to stand out and be noticed by potential customers. And in an age where first impressions are everything, that can make all the difference.
Design may seem like a small detail when you're starting your next digital marketing campaign, but it could have big implications on whether your business succeeds. So, as you're planning your next steps, don't forget to include design as part of your plan!
Here are some ways to incorporate design into your digital marketing strategy:
- If you already have a logo, update it with colors and fonts that match up with your brand's identity.
- Take advantage of the large color palette available through Google Ads Editor (formerly known as AdWords Editor).
- Keep colors consistent across different channels such as Facebook ads, banner ads, etc.
- Be mindful about image sizes - if they're too small it'll be hard for viewers to see them properly and if they're too large they'll load slowly on mobile devices.
- Look at the product page of any major retailer - they put a lot of time and effort into designing an engaging landing page experience. Yours should be no different!
- Think carefully about how your copy communicates your product benefits. By emphasizing these benefits through thoughtful words, text size, placement, font type, and color, you can strengthen consumer interest in purchasing your product.
Remember that design has become just as important as content and social media marketing in terms of success for modern businesses. Make sure to keep this trend in mind as you create new campaigns!
3. Eye-Tracking UX
User experience (UX) design is all about making sure that your website or app is easy to use and understand. But how do you know if your design is actually effective?
If a visitor spends a lot of time on one page but doesn't complete the action they wanted to take, it could be because the page was too complicated. By tracking people's eye movements while using your site, you'll have real-time data on what works and what doesn't work with your UX design, allowing you to make changes before releasing a new product or update.
It's also important to note that these types of user tests should happen both pre-launch and post-launch. The most important thing is to ask yourself: did I address the goals my user set out to accomplish when they started using my site? If not, why not? What do I need to change in order for them to achieve their goal(s)?
4. Voice Interfaces
With the rise of digital assistants like Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant, voice interfaces are becoming more and more important in the world of digital marketing. Why? Because they offer a hands-free way for users to interact with your brand.
Plus, these digital assistants are becoming more conversational, meaning that they're getting better at understanding questions that don't sound like complete sentences. In other words, voice interface is an exciting new frontier in mobile marketing! It allows companies to develop a human connection with their customers, who can now talk to them as if they were friends over chat or phone.
Voice interaction can also be programmed into devices such as smart thermostats and refrigerators, allowing consumers to control their products via conversation instead of looking through screens.
The voice UI can also help marketers answer some common customer queries without ever having to log onto their website. For example, with a voice UI-enabled shopping cart on an eCommerce site, you could ask about product details or shipping information just by using natural language like What is the height of this bookcase?
Voice UIs will revolutionize how we search for information online because it's easier than typing out each word. Plus, they have benefits for those whose fingers may not work well enough to type out lengthy searches.
5. All Things Chatbots
If you're not already using chatbots as part of your digital marketing strategy, you need to keep up. Chatbots are an incredibly versatile tool that can be used for everything from customer service to lead generation.
Here are eight ways you can use chatbots in your digital marketing in 2022:
- Customer Service: Offer 24/7 customer service with chatbots answering FAQs and routing customers to the appropriate department.
- Content Distribution: Use chatbots to automatically distribute your content via social media, email newsletters, and other channels based on audience interests and behavior.
- Social Media: Use a bot like Reply or Taykey (Facebook) to have a conversation with prospects on social media by talking about trending topics or asking questions about what they're looking for online.
- Chatting Your Way into New Leads: With one simple message, you can set up automated sales chats so every time someone engages with you online they get taken through a personalized dialogue where they’re guided towards filling out a form or subscribing to a newsletter.
- Lead Nurturing: Send reminders to people who didn't convert on their first visit and offer them special deals.
- Personalized Content: Use bots to create custom messages for different groups of people, tailoring content specifically to them.
- Automated Messaging: Schedule and send messages at any time for events such as product launches or promotions to ensure more engagement with followers.
- Shopping Assistant: Use bots to answer customer questions about products, process orders, and even provide recommendations on purchases. For example, chatbot Sophie uses artificial intelligence to help find clothing options and suggests which outfits will work best together.
- Digital Assistants: Integrate Google Home or Amazon Alexa into your website for live conversations about whatever information you need to share. Visitors won't need to leave your site if they want a quick answer.
Micropayments are a digital marketing trend that you can't ignore in 2022. This is because they're becoming more and more popular, especially among Gen Zers and millennials. And as we all know, these two groups are the future of spending power.
They are increasingly demanding convenience, simplicity, and immediacy - qualities that micro-payments offer. Businesses will have to incorporate this payment method into their digital strategy if they want to stay relevant with younger generations.
It's also important for small businesses to use this type of payment because it helps them generate revenue from services like mobile advertising, subscriptions, and e-commerce. Many people already have credit cards, so most people would just go through PayPal or other similar platforms.
But still, if you're someone who doesn't have a card but needs something on your phone or web browser or whatever, then this is a good way to do it.
7. AR/VR/MR as a part of Everyday Life
We already see augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) become a part of everyday life. From smartphone apps and technologies like MechaKeys to video games, these technologies are becoming more and more commonplace. And, as they continue to evolve, they're only going to become more integral to our lives.
According to reports, VR is predicted to be the next great consumer electronic product. So, what does this mean for marketers? It means that brands need to start experimenting with AR/VR/MR now! If you're not using AR/VR/MR in your marketing strategy yet, it's time you start thinking about how this technology can help your brand reach new audiences.
There's no doubt that augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) will continue to be major players in the digital marketing realm in 2022. Here's why:
- The global market for AR/VR/MR products is projected to reach $108 billion in the coming years.
- When used correctly, AR/VR/MR can be a powerful tool for marketers looking to engage their customers.
- It has been proven that individuals are more likely to buy from brands they follow on social media if they're also interested in AR, VR, or MR content.
- In addition, more companies are embracing this technology as a way of telling their brand story.
- With wearable devices like Google Glass and Oculus Rift entering into our everyday lives, we'll see an even greater surge in the use of these technologies. Brands should consider exploring how to use them as a storytelling medium with unique experiences tied to their target audience.
Just remember: VR is not just about video games! Marketers will have to find ways to harness its potential across industries like education, travel, hospitality, and tourism.
For example, Disney recently teamed up with Marriott Hotels in order to create The Star Wars Hotel. From themed suites filled with lightsaber replicas and other surprises to a complimentary Droid character breakfast, this new hotel experience aims at being a fully immersive journey through space. More than two decades after Darth Vader first uttered his iconic catchphrase, I am your father, this collaboration has showcased how one company was able to weave together various elements of culture to make a memorable guest experience.
8. Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies
Blockchain is a decentralized ledger system that allows users to transfer assets without having a third party verify them. In other words, it cuts out the middleman.
Finance has been the most popular industry for this technology so far, but as new technologies continue to grow into more fields like digital marketing, we will see more of these systems emerge on a broader scale.
Cryptocurrency is another top trend that has been growing steadily since its creation back in 2009. It's an unregulated currency with low fees for trading and transactions - perfect for digital marketers who need instant payments!
Digital marketing isn’t an industry that stands still, and that’s especially true with how quickly the trends change over time. If you want to be successful in the field, then it’s critical to stay on top of the latest trends—or at least know what they are so you can incorporate them into your plan.
These trends represent just some of the top digital marketing trends you should consider adopting in 2022 if you want to stay ahead of the competition and attract more customers to your business. Focus on integrating these most impactful and high-priority trends into your current strategy to ensure you stay relevant in the market and don’t spread yourself too thin.
Share this post
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated. Spammy and bot submitted comments are deleted. Please submit the comments that are helpful to others, and we'll approve your comments. A comment that includes outbound link will only be approved if the content is relevant to the topic, and has some value to our readers.