Forum > Topic Details

Incorrect Public IP Address being reported.

Incorrect Public IP Address being reported.

by Alok Sarda (Posts: 0) » about 3 years ago

Hi Team, My traffic is passing through a cloud proxy but when I access iplocation.net I see my actual Public IP Address instead of cloud proxy IP Address. Does iplocation use XFF header to determine IP Address? HTTP browser request header and pulling the first entry for X-forwarded-For entry.

(2) Answer(s)

by Michelle Rickman (Posts: 1) » about 10 months ago

Yes, iplocation.net uses the X-Forwarded-For (XFF) request header to identify the originating IP address of a client connecting to a web server through a proxy server. The XFF header is added by the proxy server and contains the IP address of the client that made the request. When selecting an address, the full list of IPs — from all X-Forwarded-For headers — must be used.

by Victor Patrick (Posts: 2) » about 8 months ago

Cloud Proxy Configuration: Ensure that the cloud proxy you're using is correctly configured to include the X-Forwarded-For header in the requests it forwards to iplocation.net.Proxy Behavior: Some proxies may not forward the XFF header by default or may modify it in a way that affects IP detection. Check the documentation or settings of your cloud proxy to ensure proper header forwarding. tunnel rush