Forum > Topic Details

What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Fildena?

What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Fildena?

by stephen Barkin (Posts: 0) » about 3 months ago

Before taking Fildena, which is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction, it's important to have a discussion with your doctor to ensure it's safe and appropriate for you. Here are some key points to discuss: Medical History: Provide your doctor with a comprehensive medical history, including any pre-existing conditions such as heart disease, high or low blood pressure, liver or kidney problems, bleeding disorders, stomach ulcers, or any history of priapism (prolonged erections). Current Medications: Inform your doctor about any medications you are currently taking, including prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and supplements. This is crucial as certain medications, particularly nitrates used for chest pain, can interact with Fildena and cause potentially dangerous drops in blood pressure. Allergies: Let your doctor know if you have any allergies, especially if you've had allergic reactions to sildenafil or similar medications in the past. Heart Health: If you have any heart-related issues, such as a history of heart attacks, irregular heartbeats, angina, or heart failure, it's important to discuss these with your doctor. Fildena can affect the cardiovascular system and may not be safe for individuals with certain heart conditions. Potential Side Effects: Discuss the potential side effects of Fildena with your doctor, including common side effects like headaches, flushing, dizziness, blurred vision, and nasal congestion, as well as more serious side effects such as sudden vision loss or hearing loss. Usage Instructions: Your doctor will provide guidance on how to take Fildena, including the recommended dosage and frequency. It's important to follow these instructions carefully to ensure the medication is effective and safe for you. Sexual Activity: Talk to your doctor about your sexual activity and any concerns you may have regarding erectile dysfunction. They can provide advice on lifestyle changes, psychological support, or other treatment options if Fildena is not suitable for you. Potential Interactions: Discuss any potential drug interactions with Fildena, including other medications, recreational drugs, or herbal supplements you may be taking. By discussing these points with your doctor, you can ensure that Fildena is the right choice for you and that you can use it safely and effectively to treat erectile dysfunction.

(0) Answer(s)